Tuesday 27 January 2015

Technique Tuesday - Reversed, Resisted Glazed Tile......

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Good Morning All,
 
How are we all today out in the crafty world?
Three weeks on the trot ehh but will it last....I hope so....
 
I thought I would show you a little technique that I discovered a little while back whilst playing around with three of my favourite things....stencils. inks and embossing powders.....
 
   I like to use to reverse a negative stencil image and then make it look like a glazed tile.
I have used one of my favourite IndigoBlu stamps the honeycomb background and an IndigoBlu stencil called daisy border to create the tile......
 
Here’s how it was done……..
 
I first cut myself a 5″ square of super smooth card stock. I inked up the honeycomb stamp with some Antique Linen distress ink and stamped across the centre of the card…..
 
Tutorial 1


tutorial2

Then using a blending tool I added Antique Linen Distress ink around the edges of the card…..I then laid the stencil over the piece of card, lining it up with the bottom and taped it to my mat. Then take a clear emboss pad or versamark ink and cake the ink direct from the pad over the exposed card areas, making sure that you cover all the areas…..
 
tutorial3

Next take some clear embossing powder, I used Wow superfine clear powder (my favourite) ,
remove the stencil and then add the powder generously and knock off the excess as shown below…..
 
Tutorial4

Heat the powder to create a shiny resist on the background, you can just about see it below…..

tutorial6

I then took a Bundled Sage Distress Ink and inked in the exposed areas of the background to highlight the stencil shape and form……
 
tutorial7

It is a good idea at this point to lay the stencil in front of you to get an idea of the design on the stencil properly before adding more detail……
 
tutorial8
 
I then started adding more colour with Distress Inks, starting with Mustard Seed using a small piece of cut'n'dry foam to apply it through the resisted background taking care to wipe off any excess ink with kitchen roll…..
 
tutorial9

I then added some Dried Marigold and finally Tumbled Glass to the butterfly and base….
.
tutorial10

Play around with the inks until you get your desired effect…..
 
tutorial11

Then to capture the colour and seal it in to the tile, again cake the whole piece of card with the clear emboss pad or Versamark and add  clear embossing powder on top as below….
 
tutorial12

Heat set with your heat gun and then repeat the process again until you get a beautiful liquid shine!
 
tutorial14

A little closer look at the shine on it…….
 
tutorial15

I then matted and layered it on to orange and cream card……
 
tutorial13

And there we have it, let me know what you think and why not have a go yourself, it is a great technique with lovely results!
 
Well that is all for now from me, have a great day….
Big hugs
 Lisa B xxx

1 comment:

  1. I am not a "technique" person as whenever I try something it always ends up in a mess. Your project is lovely. Thank you for sharing the tut. I need to get more adventurous and keep trying.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete