Tuesday 20 January 2015

Technique Tuesday - Ying and Yang.....

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Good Morning all,
 
Two weeks on the trot and technique Tuesday accomplished wahoo!!!
 
Well it is a little bit of a long one today but worth the while as I love the cleanness with the vibrancy of this technique and it is one of my favourites....
 
I call this technique 'Ying and Yan'
 
So first of all I cut a piece of white card 5″ square and then cut some copy paper to divide the card in two halves, I chose to do a curved shape but you can cut any shape you like…..

IMG_00001686 copy
 
 
I then placed the Diamond Stencil over the top of the card and stuck it down around the edge with stencil tape. I took two Distress Inks, I chose Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed and worked the colours over the stencil using a blending tool, you need to be quite random and add plenty of colour….

IMG_00001687 copycopy

When I removed the tape and stencil you can see the effect you get from the wavy line of the copy paper…..

IMG_00001689 copy
 
Next I replaced the copy paper and again taped it down with the stencil tape and then took a small amount of black gesso paint on to my craft mat and spritzed it with a little water….I then loaded up my brush and flicked it over the stencilled area, try to get some big blots and small blots to make it more interesting…..

IMG_00001691 copy

This is the result when the copy paper is removed, leave it aside to dry naturally….

IMG_00001693 copy

Next I took the small and medium Poinsettia Stamp ( now although this is called Poinsettia Stamp it is not just for Christmas but I use it all year round, loooove this stamp! ) I stamped three of each in Black Versafine Ink and then heat embossed them with Wow Clear Embossing Powder…..

IMG_00001699 copy
 
Next I took my two Distress Inks and some small pieces of Cut'n'Dry Foam
and blended the two colours over the top of the flowers starting with the yellow in the middle and then blending in to the orange on the outer edges…..
 
IMG_00001703 copy

Here is a closer look…..
 
IMG_00001704 copy
 
Repeat the process until all flowers are coloured. they don't look too clever at this point but just wait…….
 
IMG_00001707 copy
 
I then cut them all out leaving a small border around the edges, like so……..

IMG_00001709 copy
 
Pinch them between your finger and thumb to get more dimension in them……

IMG_00001716 copy

Like so…….

IMG_00001718 copy
 
Then back to your background……
I stamped my message from the Live, Laugh, Love IndigoBlu stamp set (another one of my favourites ) in the black ink and embossed it too…….

IMG_00001720 copy

Then I matted and layered it on to black and yellow card and then on to a 7″ square card……

IMG_00001722 copy

Lastly I added the flowers to the middle of the card following the curve that I had created……and voila you are done!

IMG_00001725 copy


Here are a few more examples in other colours and angle using different stamps and stencils.......

IMG_00001728 copy

 
 
 
 

 
 
Well I hope that you have enjoyed my Yin and Yang tutorial and fancy having a go......
 
See you soon…..
 
Hugs
Lisa B xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great technique Lisa, love these...Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! These are fabulous. I think I could just about tackle this one. Thanks for the tut. My favourite is the Butterfly card. I think I could tackle this one.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete